Skip to main content
How to add an MFA Device to an OrgAdmin user
- Log into the AWS Account using your provided username and password
- Change your password if prompted
- Navigate to the dropdown at the top right of the console and select "Security Credentials"
- Scroll down to find the "Multi-Factor Authentication" section and select "Assign MFA Device"
- Using the following naming scheme please name the MFA device
- IAM username = mfa device name
- For example if the IAM username is "john.doe", the user will need to name the MFA device "john.doe"
- On the next page after naming the device, use the QR code or secret key to complete the set up process.
- Note: You will need to enter 2 consecutive MFA tokens in order to link the MFA device
- Once you have completed the MFA set up please log out of the account and log back in using your newly attached MFA token.