This article will provide instructions on how to configure of AWS Billing Conductor (ABC) at the payer account level, as well as configuring a pro forma cur at the member account level which includes all the accounts in a billing group.
Pro forma Cost and Usage Reports should not be considered direct reflections of your DLT invoice as there are items (such as taxes and credits) that are not calculated in a pro forma CUR.
How to Create a Pricing Plan:
- Log into your DLT-Management account with your OrgAdmin IAM user.
- Navigate to the AWS Billing Conductor console
- Under Pricing Configuration select Pricing Rules>Create Pricing Rules
- Give the rule a name, Scope = Global, enter the discount you are receiving from DLT (ask your Account Manager)
- Click Create Pricing Rules
- Next you will want to navigate to AWS Billing Conductor>Pricing configuration>Create pricing plan
- Give the Pricing plan a name and Select the newly created pricing rule, then click Create Pricing Plan
How to Create an ABC Billing Group:
- Navigate to Billing Groups and select Create Billing Group
- Give the Billing group a name
- Pricing Plan = newly created pricing plan
- Accounts Section - If you are generating a global pro forma cur then you will want to select all the accounts in the organization
- Primary Account selection - This will be the account that can generate a pro forma CUR. You can use any account in the Organization but once selected it cannot be changed unless you rebuild the billing group.
- Create Billing Group
How to Create a Pro Forma CUR (Discount Included)
- Log into the member account designated as the "Primary Account" for the billing group, previously distinguished in step 11 above.
- Navigate to the Billing Dashboard>Cost & Usage Reports
- Create a new report
- Check "Include Resource ID's"
- Uncheck "Automatically refresh your Cost & Usage Report when charges are detected for previous" months with closed bills.
- Configure the S3 Bucket by selecting an existing bucket or by creating a new one
- Report path prefix = CUR
- Time Granularity is up to you however DLT utilizes hourly for all of their reports
- Report Versioning = Overwrite Existing Reports
- Enable report data integration for: Amazon Redshift
- Select Next, then Review and complete.
The new report will not be generated immediately and may require 24 hours before showing up in the S3 bucket.