When you encounter this error, if you are using the console, deselect the Auto Scaling custom Availability Zones in your configuration:
- Sign in to the Elastic Beanstalk management console.
- Choose your environment from the list.
- In the navigation pane on the left, select Configuration.
- Choose the gear icon next to Scaling.
- Select the drop-down menu next to Auto Scaling.
- Deselect the Custom Availability Zones.
If you configured your application with an .ebextensions file, remove the setting from the config files. For instructions, see Setting Configuration Options After Environment Creation.